Q) How far is the Hotel from the Santa Express
A) Approximately 30 minutes away
Q) How long does the Santa Express last?
A) The entire Santa's Express Experience lasts for between 80 - 90 minutes.
Q) Is a deposit required?
A) A non-refundable deposit of €75 is taken at the time of booking. Full payment is taken 5 days prior to arrival date. Alternatively, payments can be made in installments in advance.
Q)Are Face Masks required at the hotel?
A) Yes, in keeping with government guidelines all guests over 12 years of age are required to wear a face mask while in the public areas of the hotel throughout their stay.
Q) What safety measures have been put in place by Oakfield Park with regard to COVID 19?
A) • Your party must allow permission to have temperatures checked by our medical elf before being allowed access to the park.
• Please arrive in plenty in plenty of time before your train is due to depart. Especially this year, we cannot allocate on a later train if you do not arrive on time.
• Receive a complimentary cup of mulled wine or hot chocolate, from the vintage tea van.
• This year, there will also be delicious snacks available in the style of a Christmas Market to enjoy outdoors.
• Pop your ticket in Santa’s magic ticket box and board your own personal carriage of the Santa Express at the station. Enjoy an enchanting train ride through Oakfield’s magnificent woodlands to meet Santa and his elves.
• The Santa Express is real train (not a tractor!), on 4.5km of narrow-gauge railway via thousands of lights, new installations and bright decorations. There will be even more lights and features than ever this year. Keep an eye out for the characters along the journey.
• A professional photographer will be on hand to safely capture this precious family moment and framed prints will be available to purchase in Santa’s grotto and printed instantly.
• All the boys and girls who have been good this year will receive special individually wrapped gifts from Santa and sit in front of him on his new sleigh, rather than on his knee, at a safe distance.
• Hop back on the train to Buffers, Oakfield’s beautiful restaurant, where you may dine from our delicious festive menu, making sure to post your Christmas letter to Santa in the Post Box. Social distancing measures will be in place.
• For 2020, we will be launching a new, free to purchase Oakfield Park app allowing kids to virtually collect clues and solve the riddles that Mrs Claus has hidden across the park. The whole family can be involved to crack some of these difficult challenges. Complete Mrs Claus’ challenge to become a real elf and be entered into a prize draw.
• Then in the Igloo, take part in the Reindeer Games Tournaments along with our sportiest elves. Can you be the champion?
• Meet Mrs Claus in her snuggly office. She is hosting regular performances of a puppet show along with her beloved naughty puppets. Watch them get up to mischief and learn how to make take home Christmas craft.
• We have provided hand sanitiser at each location and regular cleaning will take place by our “clean team”, however it is important that you take precautions, bring face-masks if required, wash your hands regularly and respect the social distancing guidelines.
• It is essential when travelling on the Santa Express, that all passengers remain seated at all times, no matter how excited! All children must be well supervised by a parent or guardian, whom throughout the experience, have full responsibility for their children.